Common questions that are asked by our guests.

Q. What months do you schedule weddings?
A. The Camp is open April – October. We primarily schedule weddings during the Spring (May & June) and Fall (September and October). However, we have scheduled camping weddings during the summer. We do not schedule weddings on the 3 major holidays – Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.

Q. Can I pick and choose my own vendors?
A. Yes. We allow each couple to pick their own vendors such as caterers, DJs, Ministers, and photographers. However, we do maintain a list of proven vendors that are available to our couples. These are quality vendors that have supported events in the past.

Q. Can we serve liquor at our event?
A. Yes. We do require a licensed bartender when hard alcohol is served.

Q. Do you require general liability insurance?
A. Yes. Just like other wedding venues we require Commercial General Liability Insurance including Host Liquor liability, in an amount not less than $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. This type of insurance is often obtained through an existing homeowner’s policy at no additional charge. Otherwise, we recommend purchasing a policy for the event period. This insurance is separate from and in addition to insurance provided by the caterer if one is contracted.

Q. What is required to reserve a specific date for our wedding?
A. Once you have identified a date and want to move forward it requires a $1500.00 deposit and a signed contract. Once we provide a written estimate it is good for 7 days.

Q. What is the payment schedule?
A. In addition to the deposit – two equal payments are due at 6 months and 3 months prior to your special event.

Q. What types of accessories are available?
A. We have collected many items that are available for use by our couples. Items include wine barrels, signage, lanterns, wood rounds, candles, etc. To review what is available look at the Treasure Trove under Galleries.

Q. Is your venue LGBTQ friendly?
A. Yes – everyone is welcome at Roses & Acorns Creekside Weddings @ Camp Nauvoo.

Q. Can we play amplified music and how late?
A. Under the El Dorado County Noise Ordinance all amplified music must remain under 60 dB and stop at 10:00 p.m. This is enforced. For those that want to continue to party we recommend wireless headsets. We have had many couples party late into the next morning.

Q. For camping weddings can I bring my trailer or motor home?
A. Usually not, however, we have made exceptions for small recreation units under 16 feet.

Q. Are pets allowed?
A. Yes – if arrangements are made in advance, approved by the couple and rules are followed.

Q. Is smoking allowed?
A. Our venue is a non-smoking facility; however, during the actual wedding event we provide a smoking area with self-contained ash container if approved by the wedding couple. This is strictly enforced.

Q. Do you provide off-site parking?
A. No. We provide up to 50 parking sites on site per event (includes all vendors). If a large wedding, we have a list of transportation companies that are available to transport. We encourage carpooling and have a list of park & ride locations that are nearby.

Q. Are campfires allowed?
A. It all depends upon the time of year and conditions. We are in a high fire zone. If conditions permit the one-site staff will start and maintain all fires. However, we do provide propane fire pits at an additional charge.

Q. Do you have flush toilets?
A. Yes, we have a separate men’s and women’s restroom as well as an ADA approved port-a-potty.

Q. Is the kitchen available?
A. Yes, it has a commercial oven and stove as well as a commercial refrigerator and freezer and a walk-in refrigerator. We have serving dishes, pots and pans but do not supply flatware, glasses, and silverware.